Saturday, October 2, 2010

No baby :( but we still have a cute little boy


Some adoption blog posts are hard to capture with a picture.

It's high time we updated everyone on our birth mom/baby situation....it didn't work out. The birth father changed his mind. I feel a little like we had a child die but we have no pictures to look back and remember no memories to cherish and thereby no pictures to post. No one wants to see pictures of us mourning the loss of this child-the unwashed dishes and sleepless parents looking frumpy.

Fortunately we still have Ezra being as cute as ever. He had a birthday and that was a good distraction for us to plan a celebration. We decorated cupcakes for his party. The cupcakes weren't much to look at but apparently they were delicious.

4 comments:

  1. We are so sorry things didn't work out. You are always in our prayers. You're right...Ezra does look as cute as ever! He one special little boy. Especially to have you for parents. We hope he had a wonderful birthday! We love you guys! Give Ezzy a big hug from us.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you guys so much and it's hard to see these things happen to you. It's wonderful to see Ezra and know that you have succeeded once and hopefully, again soon. In our family we have been having some of these same issues and I know from listening and crying with my daughter how hard it is. I guess that we just have to have faith and keep praying that things will work out. I know that both of you and my daughter and her husband will be blessed with children, it's just that the waiting is horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Heidi, I wished we lived closer so I could have provided some kind of support, even if it was crying with you. I know this doesn't help and I hate it when people say it to me, so of course I'm going to say it, but sometimes it's hard to understand Heavenly Father's purpose when you just hurt so much. We love you and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother and his wife went to the birth, had the baby back at the hotel with them when the birth mother changed her mind. It is so heartbreaking. It is like a child dying. My brother called me and told me he understood my sorrow of four miscarriages. I think it is harder than that. I hope another child comes into your family soon.

    ReplyDelete